Friday night I decided to lay low since I had been quite under the weather all week. We dined on a fine feast of Taco Bell and Netflix kept me entertained with stand-up comedy...some funny, some..well..not so much.
Saturday morning Ian and I met some great friends at the zoo, Kelly and Avery. We started with a dolphin show. What fun! Ian loves his Baby Einstein videos and always sees these animals on TV but not in person. He loved it to say the least. Next, we headed on the see the bears, tigers, monkeys and so on. We stopped for a ride on the merry-go-round which was a hit! Catch a glimpse below...
We went on to see the giraffe which we fed. PSA: Do not try to pet the giraffe. Apparently that is not allowed. We saw ugly baboons, an adorable baby elephant, cheetahs, and zebras. Of course we had to head to the waters area and see the penguins, pet the sharks, and greet the polar bear. I must say, these animals were very lazy. I think they got together that morning and decided it would be fun to be boring all day. We still had a blast!
Here are a few pics from our trip!
Feeding Mr. Giraffe
Ready to get the Zoo adventure started!
Watching the dolphins
Carousel ride!
Too cute!
Miss Avery
Later that day we played outside and made a trip to the grocery. And of course we had to get one of these carts...
Does it get any cuter?? Nope :)
We had such a good time with Kelly and Avery. Kelly and I are considering an arranged marriage with these two. What do you think?? :)
Hugs! xoxo
Then begins football season! Bring it on. I love everything about Fall and one of the things on the top of that list is football. Yeah, the Colts had a rough start, but I am still optimistic and will support my team no matter what! We had a great time at the Pogue's...
New jersey from Grandpa
Go Colts!
"It's ok buddy...go to sleep"
Touchdown Colts!
Ian and Aunt Ashy
Ian and Uncle Matt
Grandpa always makes me laugh!
Already practicing
Gangstas
Mama's boys! We love our boys :)
An obvious subduing moment of the weekend was 9/11. Everyone asks, where were you? We never forget. I can remember it like it was yesterday. I had finished up my God awful finite math class for the morning and I was heading to my step aerobics class. Yes, step aerobics. Try not to be too shocked. I had some time to kill to I stopped by the Union. Tons of people were crowded around TVs. All I could see was black smoke coming out of buildings. I didn't really know what was going on so I headed to class where I learned the devastating news. Class was cancelled so I went back to my dorm and continued to watch the coverage, hour after hour, in disbelief. Today I think about all of the families who lost loved ones and all of those who have given their lives. I am truly blessed to live in such a wonderful country. Lee Greenwood said it all and I couldn't be any prouder to be an American!
No comments:
Post a Comment