Cancer Sucks!
A year ago, I began working for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I have become very passionate about LLS and love what I do! Each year LLS hosts the Light The Night Walk throughout Indiana . I will be participating in Indy’s LTN Walk on October 15. This year, I am communicating with all LTN walkers and asking them to tell their stories about who they are walking for. I have received many responses telling me about a friend or a family member they are walking in honor or in memory of as well as stories from survivors themselves. I get pictures of people all of ages that have battled or are currently battling cancer. The hardest ones to see are those photos of young children, many of them with bald heads and puffy faces. Being a mother, it makes it even harder because I try and put myself in the position of a parent going through this. I can't even begin to imagine. I'm sure we've all been affected by cancer in some way. It is so hard to see your friends and loved ones go through losing someone important in their (and your) lives. I think we can all agree that it is time to put an end to Cancer. You can help! Join the Light the Night Walk on October 15 or please donate to my fundraising page! Every dollar helps us to reach our goal to finding a cure!
If you are interested in getting signed up for the Walk or starting your own team, let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment